Wednesday 29 April 2009

raining leaves

It's this time of year when all the beautifully coloured autumn leaves start collecting in the street gutters. Which is beautiful and wonderful, and really quite lovely, except for one thing: at some point it rains for a few days straight (it's doing it right now!) and all the lovely leaves start blocking drains and causing big puddles. They were fun for biking through on the way home from school as a kid, but they can cause some problems.

I am thankful for the rain though, my garden was in need of a good watering. My lavendar bushes are growing fantastically well, unfortunately so are the weeds, as I haven't had much of a chance to get rid of any with lots of assignments to do instead.

Right now, Miss S is out for a walk with her dad, enjoying the rain, while I'm puddling around at home in a quick break from assignment writing.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi, Kathy...just wanted to stop by and say hello and tell you again how much I'm enjoying my bag from your OWOH drawing! It's really so versatile!
We've had a lot of rain here too causing some flooding in low lying areas...but mostly it's just making everything spring green again and that's nice.
Hope your studies are going well...hugs, Marilyn:)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Kathy! Hope you are doing well! Thanks so much for coming to visit! I really appreciate your sweet comment! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)