Monday 16 March 2009

sewing lavender

I got some sewing done last weekend, it was great. I started on a project inspired by Tonya's alphabet piecing, looking towards Christmas presents. These two are part of a "sun, sand, and sea" series for some family.

Over the weekend I did some good gardening, weeding lots, planting a lavender bush into the garden, and trimming the lavender bushes we already have. The lavender clipping are now drying out in my studio, filling the room with wonderful smells.


The last couple of days I've been working hard on my studies - reading and writing - but I keep being distracted by clothing ideas that float in on the lavender smells in my studio/study.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love the sun-sand-sea theme for your quilts and your 'sea' blocks are wonderful!
After reading about the lavender in your studio, I'm really longing for spring and looking forward to that lovely aroma:)

Tonya Ricucci said...

great letters - so glad you're having fun with them.